Maureen Stockton is a Los Angeles native and UCLA graduate with a successful +25-year entrepreneurial track record. Her passion and career as an entrepreneurial inventor started at UCLA with her founding of the Undergraduate Entrepreneur’s Association, recognized by UCLA’s economics department by naming her “Leader of the Year.” Following her graduation with a dual degree in Business Administration and Political Science, her corporate career began in commercial real estate where she directed the marketing and leasing efforts of several premier office buildings in Chicago and Los Angeles. Next, she honed her marketing skills at JAKKS Pacific Inc., the publicly traded toy company, where she created +$250MM in new revenue through innovative products and new retail merchandising techniques. Subsequently, Maureen created and launched a new category of children’s holiday decorating products under the Disney Princess and Barbie brands; collectively these products generated +$20MM in retail sales, and earned her “Vendor of the Year” recognition from Toys “R” Us.
Beyond her commercial ventures, Maureen also brings her talent and inspiration to philanthropic work, serving on the boards of several charities in the LA area and beyond, including:
- Member of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee: St. Anne’s, the L.A. based organization dedicated to helping vulnerable children and young women rebuild their lives
- Member of UCLA’s Board of Advisors for the Luskin School of Public Policy
- Member of the Getty Museum’s Conservation Institute Council
- Member of Wake Forest University’s Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship Advisory Council
- Previously a Board Member of Otis College of Art and Design and the Toy Industry Association
In 2015, Maureen founded a new consumer products company focused on addressing women’s desire for enhanced shoe comfort and improved shoe wardrobe maintenance. Maureen developed the women’s Shoe Shaper over three years so that its unique and patented design perfectly maintains the shape and appearance of all the shoe styles in a woman’s collection. The company’s first product, the Formé Shoe Shaper, launches in 2017. The Formé company will ultimately offer a full line of products for women and men. Please visit formecomfort.com.
Maureen and her husband Bryan have four children and reside in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles and are proud parents of son Chase (WFU ’20).