Orton Merit Fund for Entrepreneurship
In Recognition of Wake Forest’s ongoing commitment to provide educational opportunities in entrepreneurship to all students, the Program for Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship is pleased to announce the Orton Merit Fund for Entrepreneurship. Thanks to the generosity of Lisa and David Orton, this Scholarship carries a value of $10,000 per year for two years and will be awarded in recognition of a student’s outstanding leadership in entrepreneurship.
Wake Forest University offers students who know that they have an interest in entrepreneurship the opportunity to participate in the Program in Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship in their college experience. The Orton Merit Fund for Entrepreneurship is awarded every year to an undergraduate student who has distinguished him/herself as a leader in promoting entrepreneurship interest and involvement. We will solicit applications from students in the spring semester of their sophomore year with the scholarship being awarded in their junior and senior year.
Applications due April 3, 2017.
To apply for this award:
- Favorable consideration will be given to a student who has declared the Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise minor.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, which should come from a former employer, mentor or faculty mentor who can comment on your interest in entrepreneurship.
- Write a two-page essay that:
- Demonstrates your innovative and entrepreneurial activity.
- Describes how you became interested in entrepreneurship.
- Explains how you plan to continue these interests at Wake Forest and beyond.
- Describes how you have distinguished yourself as a leader in promoting entrepreneurship.
- Please send your essay and letters of recommendation to:
Professor Polly Black
Center for Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
230 Reynolda Hall
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem, NC 27109