Q. How do I declare a minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise?

A. An application is required for enrollment in the ESE Minor.  Follow this link for more information about ESE Minor Courses & Requirements.  Students may also contact Ms. Lisa Burton ( to make an appointment to discuss a course of study for the minor.

Q. When can I declare the ESE Minor?

A. Students may declare the minor during "mass declaration" in the spring of their sophomore year after they have declared a major.  The rules for the minor are in effect in the bulletin year you declare the minor. 

Q. Do I have an advisor for the ESE Minor?

A. Yes.  Either Professor Polly Black or Ms. Lisa Burton will be available to advise you on ESE courses.

Q. When does advising take place?

A. Advising happens in the fall and spring (usually October and March).  During this time you may meet with one of the advisors and preregister for an ESE course.  Advising sessions take place in 230 Reynolda Hall by appointment only.

Q. Can I focus my entrepreneurial studies in different areas?

A. Yes. Students are able to focus their entrepreneurial studies in several areas including Social Entrepreneurship, Arts Entrepreneurship, Business Entrepreneurship, Science and Technology Entrepreneurship, and General Humanities Entrepreneurship.