Check back for details in Fall 2017!
The WFU Center for Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship partners with
NC State's Institute for Emerging Issues to host the
Triad Discovery Forum
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
5:30 - 8:00 pm
Kulynych Auditorium, Byrum Welcome Center
Wake Forest University
Free, and all are welcome to attend but should register.
The goal of the Discovery Forum is to inspire, support, and connect young professionals and local leaders who share a strong interest in social entrepreneurship and can positively impact the community. The Forum provides a relaxed environment for speakers and attendees to interact, network, and begin to work together to put their ideas into action. The event is part of a statewide series.
During the event, young social entrepreneurs, ages 18-30, will give 5-minute pitches about ideas that aim to make the Triad region an even better place to live, work, and play. Student teams from all Triad area schools and community members (ages 18-30) are invited to participate.
Timeline & Process:
- November 9, 2016: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL (by midnight). Contact Maggie Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- November 7, 2016: Applications will be reviewed and the TOP 10 APPLICANTS will be selected and notified.
- November 16, 2016: The TOP 10 applicants/teams will present 5-minute pitches at the Winston-Salem Discovery Forum.
- Audience members will vote to select the TOP THREE teams that will be invited to a special Leadership Symposium in Raleigh in Spring 2017.
- November-March: Top WFU teams will work with WFU faculty to polish their pitch.
- March 2017: The TOP THREE teams will present at the Leadership Symposium in Raleigh, NC for a chance to compete for a $10,000 venture prize.
Videos of past Discovery Forum Events.