Excellence in Entrepreneurship Awards
The Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award recognizes an individual (a Wake Forest Alum, Parent or close connection) who has demonstrated outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, achievement, and social responsibility. This individual receives the prestigious award and delivers an inspirational keynote talk. The 2017 awardee was Lindsay Chambers ('00), luxury home developer and award-winning interior designer. Chambers was most recently called one of "today's most talented designers" by USA Today. Her works have been featured in Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Better Homes & Gardens, USA Today and the New York Times.
ICE Excellence Awards are also given to students and faculty for extraordinary achievements in innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. Student awards will recognize individuals who embody the innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial spirit in thought, action and leadership, and/or who have achieved entrepreneurial excellence by launching an outstanding new venture.
ICE Excellence Awards:
- Russell D. and Elfriede Hobbs Faculty Award for Outstanding Student Advising and Mentoring: This award is given to a member of the faculty for significant contribution to the ICE program through student advising and mentoring.
- Russell D. and Elfriede Hobbs Student Award for Venture Creation: This award is given to a student or team of students, who have grown their concept into an actual revenue-generating venture.
- Russell D. and Elfriede Hobbs Student Award for Concept Development: This award is given to a student or team of students who have developed a viable concept built on customer discovery.
- Chambers Family Fund Student Award for Technology Ideas with Impact: This award is given to a student or team of students who have created a venture concept in the online or mobile space, or who excelled in online web or app development.
- Lelia and David Farr Student Award for Ideas with Impact: This award is given to a student or team of students who have created a venture concept with potentially significant social impact.
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship Senior Leadership Award: This award is given to a graduating senior who has demonstrated strong leadership within the ICE program to promote the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship on campus during their Wake Forest career. The award is given at the Senior Awards Ceremony on Commencement Weekend.